Gamblers are considered as some of the most superstitious people on the planet. Maybe due to the high stakes and the large amounts of money involved in the winning possibilities, each gambler has their own belief and superstition that helps them play better. This has been proven by Ladbrokes World Cup Promotional Code and other similar resources.
Though some superstitions like wearing a lucky colour or a lucky charm may not do any harm, there are others that create problems in your play and can disrupt your entire experience. If you understand the facts and figures of gambling machines, you will know that your superstitions really can’t help you win or lose.
Many people tend to have selective amnesia, which is a situation wherein they only remember things that they would like to. So if a person has lost two or three times with the same dealer, he might consider the dealer as unlucky. In the case of online gambling, if a person keeps losing on a website, he might feel it is unlucky for him and try something else.
Many gamblers also believe strongly in lady luck and bring along their lady to play with them. Many gamblers don’t follow superstitions only with their personal experience. There are also a number of superstitions that have been passed down since ages and followed blindly by gamblers around the world.
Some Famous Gambling Superstitions
- For many gamblers, entering the casino through the main entrance is considered bad luck. This has been carried on since ages when the MGM studios had a casino in Vegas. In order to celebrate their logo and brand, they made the mouth of the lion as the entrance of the casino. However, gamblers believed that it was like entering the mouth of a beast. They felt that they wouldn’t win this way and it was completely bad luck to enter through the lion’s mouth. Till this day, gamblers do not consider it good luck to enter a casino through the main entrance.
- Many gamblers do not accept $50 bills from cashiers. Many casinos do not use $50 bills as players refuse to accept them. While this superstition has been going on for many years, it causes quite a lot of trouble to casinos to handle all their bills and ensure no player is offended.
- Counting money while playing is also considered bad luck by many players. They feel that they have enough time after they finish playing to count their money, but if they count in the middle of the game, the chances of winning reduce considerably.
- Singing or whistling while gambling is a sign of bad luck for many gamblers. They feel that it interrupts the game and brings in more bad luck. It is said that if someone whistles while passing the graveyard, it is to help them feel cheerful in difficult situations, and maybe this is why people don’t want to continue this in the gambling zone where they want to win and stay happy.
- People also say that crossing your legs and sitting on a gambling table means that you are crossing out your good luck. Therefore, people usually don’t cross their legs while playing on a table. Many slot machine stools are placed so close to the machine that there is hardly any place to cross your legs anyway!
Casinos have to understand the superstitious behaviour of players and make necessary changes to keep players happy. However, it is important for gamblers too, to understand the working of a casino rationally so that they don’t get emotionally blown away in all these superstitions.
You need to play for fun, and enjoy the game rather than worrying about all these factors that are mere superstitions!